Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Praud Mama

Sofia and Alessandra have been saving for several months to buy an American Girl doll. We keep a sheet were daily they can earn stars for good behaviors and doing their chores (make their beds, getting ready on time in the morning, respecting, etc...). They earn a quarter for each star every day. Yesterday I told them to count their money because we were going to the AG store and they could buy something for themselves. Sofia has $75 and Alessandra $67. I told them they could not afford the doll, but they could buy something else. At the store both girls were very excited looking and choosing what to buy. Right before we were ready to go pay for their selections, Sofia grabs a doll and asks me if she could please buy a doll. I explained to her that she did not have enough money to buy the doll but she could get the other accessories and toys she had picked out. Alessandra looks at her money, then takes a good look at the toys she selected then gives Sofia her money and says: "Here Sofia, you can take my money an put it together with yours so you can buy a doll for you." I could not believe Alessandra was willing to give up on her own money so Sofia could have a doll. So, I ended up buying both girls an American Girl doll. I love you both and I am so proud of being your mom!

PS: I did not want them to have an AG yet, until they were reading and could read the AG books on their own. I have so far read to them Lanie, Kit, Kanani, some of Molly. Alessandra really enjoys, Sofia likes it too is small dosage. I will continue to read to them.

No comments: