Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 3 School Update

3rd week – Alessandra gives me updates on the tumble truck club. She says that some days the club is closed. She also says that other girls are singing up for the club. I am not sure if the other kids know about this club or if this is all in Alessandra’s imagination.

The girls love all of the extra activity: gym, computers, library, Spanish, playing outside, etc… As well as show and tell and the new thing of the week “Me Bag”. The girls told me that the teachers had their own “Me Bag” and each kid will have a turn with the “Me Bag” where they put non toys in the bag to show the class.

We have turned the upstairs playroom into a homework station. They spend time in their homework desk colloring and doing their homework. The school follows the "The land of the letter people". Last week they learned about Mr M and this week it was about Mrs T with tall teeth. They love to tell me about the activities in school

I drop them off in the classroom. Some mom’s drop the kids off for the volenteers to bring the kids inside. Alessandra says this week: “Mom, some kids gets dropped off and come inside by themselves… can we get dropped off too?” Both of the girls think it is very cool to get dropped off. Can you believe I am already getting this at 5 years old?

I have been selected to be one of the Homeroom mom, as well as for lunch helper. In a few weeks we will be starting Girls Scout, I am getting trained so I can lead a troop of Daisies.

No comments: