Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Angel Talk

Sofia likes to draw and tell stories. Alessandra likes to be told stories and loves to ask questions. Right before bed we say the goodnight prayer, which says: "... may angels guide me through the night...". One day Alessandra calls me back in her bedroom and in the dark she asked me: "Mama, where are the angels?"
I didn't want scare her or give her a complicated answer: "They are outside protecting our home"
She pays attention to every word I say and replies: "ahhhhh, I know! They are protecting our house so we don't lose power!" She is referring to the time around Christmas when we lost power for days.
In a different occasion she asked me: "Mama, how come I don't see the angels?"
I told her they were in her thoughts and in her heart.
She replies: "Mama, what is a thought?... Mama, what is in your thought and in your heart?"

No comments: