Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Story Land - Planning and Packing

We have been planning and talking about going to Story Land for a few weeks. The day before our trip, the girls talked about our plan all day long in school.
The night before both of them helped me pack their stuff. I told them we were going to stay at the hotel.
Alessandra: “Mama, what is a HOTEL?” (Last time they were in a hotel was last summer and they did not remember. I explained it is a place with lots of bedrooms and that is where we’re going to sleep when we go to Story Land.)
Alessandra and Sofia’s eyes were really big and I can see the concern in their faces because of the announcement about the change in our routine. I explained: “We will all sleep in the same room together while we are on vacation.”
Alessandra: “Mama, is there a kitchen at the hotel? How are we going to eat?” (I explained to them there is a restaurant at the hotel.)
Alessandra: “Is there a bathroom at the hotel?”
Sofia: “Mama, is there a potty at Story Land?”
This conversation was pretty funny. They were very curious and listen very carefully to every explanation. Sofia asked and wanted me to confirm various times that we were not going to school the next day and that when the sun came out we were going to Story land. They picked out and packed books, toys and blankets for the ride and hotel. Very exciting night. The next morning they were up by 5AM.


So excited!


No comments: